Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Walk for a Cure

This August I'm walking (with my friend Nina) in the Weekend To End Women's Cancers. It's a 60k walk around the city of Vancouver, over 2 days, and the purpose of it is to raise money and awareness for Women's Cancers, with Breast Cancer being one of the most prominently featured.

I've done this walk before, and the feeling you get from accomplishing this is something I will hold with me for the rest of my life. I am more then excited to embark on this journey with a close friend of mine, and take in the scenery of the beautiful Lower Mainland.

I have to do a bunch of training leading up to it, and I've started walking 3 - 5k 2 times a week. It's a little tough to fit it in with work and school schedule, but I've managed. I know the closer I get to the Weekend, the more motivated I will feel.

In order to partake in this walk, I have to raise at least $2,000 (although I have set my goal to $3,000). If you're interested in donating please click here.

For those of you who read my blog (or those who just happened to come across it), I'm throwing some positive energy out to you. In hopes that you see/read this, and decide to help me towards my goal. If you're not personally affected by it, maybe you know someone who is. Please pass the idea along to them.

I will be walking for my Aunt (who is a 3 time cancer survivor) and in memory of my Uncle and Father (who I miss every day).

~L

No comments:

Post a Comment